Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Maps to anywhere

        While reading maps to anywhere,  I looked at the titles and how I thought they might correlate with the story and how they correlated wit h the stories.  One of the stories that I was confused with the title was "On the Air".  I also looked at "The Biggest, Most Beautiful Balcony in the World.  This is what I will be explaining in the next paragraphs.  I found these stories interesting because they did not really seem like essays to me.  I felt that I was in a conversation with the people writing these stories.
         When I first saw the title "On the Air" I thought of being on the radio or on television, and I also thought about flying a plane.  The different places that are being talked about in this story feels like someone is in a plane.  It goes from eing very happy and marvelous to places that are not as beautiful.  I feel that the plane is crashing and the pilot is crying. 
         When I read "The Biggest, Most Beautiful Balcony in the World", I felt that it was going to be all about fairytales and I was wrong. At first I thought that it was going in the direction of a storylike fairytale and when it started talking about the sad  balcony my thought process changed.  It ended with a good thought about Juliet.
       The stories are not what I thought it would be.  They had a twist to them that I was not ready for but I like that twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment