Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Essay Packet 2 #2

     When reading "Crumbling Expectations," I thought that the essay was very interesting.  I enjoyed of course the reference to Michigan because it is a beautiful state. I also liked the relationship between him and his father and him and his grandmother.  I was interested because it seemed to me that he valued what the both of them said. I also thought that he talked a lot about how his dads father passed away and how his fathers grandfather passed away.  I thought that him talking about the relationships between his father and his father and grandfather made a reference to the relationship between him and his father. 
     I enjoyed this essay because there was so much to get out of this.  I liked the end where he says, "I didn't realize a book is itself an embrace.  I quote back to my father now words he has written  but never wrote."  I thought that was interesting and another way to point back to him and his fathers relationship because he is telling us that even though his father is gone, he embraces his words that the son has written and used in the story.  I really enjoy the closeness and I can feel the emotion in the essay.
    I really like this and I feel like it has helped me decide on what to write about in my essay.  I feel a lot more confident in the essay and it is exciting that I know what I am going to write about.

1 comment:

  1. I've gotten behind in reading the blogs, but you've done a nice job responding to the readings the past few weeks (3/26, 4/2, 4/9). Good work thinking and articulating responses to the essays.

    ReplyDelete