Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Essay Packet 2

     When I read "The Fine Art of Sighing", I felt the emotions in the story and I really enjoyed the use of sounds and symbols.  I could see the imaging in this story and it almost felt like a movie.  I felt that even though it was short, it left an impact on the reader and it did on me.
      I liked how when the child said he would "tiptoe across the linoleum and make my lunch without making a sound."  I found myself looking at that sentence and just picturing the child.  When everyone is sleeping at my house and I am doing something I will tiptoe and try to not wake anyone up.  I also liked the emotion of the parents sighs and how the mothers' sighs were filled with sadness but the fathers' sighs were filled with simplicity and the child would do both because he is so used to the different sighs.   I have a tendency to shake my leg and sometimes i dont realize that I am doing that and his friend had to tell him and he finally picks up on it. 
      I enjoyed the complexity and simplicity of the story.  It was easy to read as well as emotional.  I feel like some of the stories get not only better but more emotional and in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment